The series of health and safety assessment OHSAS 18001 work in helping organizations develop policies and business objectives of health and safety. The results of the implementation of the system by demonstrating concern for employees and safe workplace. The standard may be applied to the Industrial and service sector.
A Health Management System and safety at work effectively promotes a safe and healthy working environment by providing a framework that allows your organization to identify and control the risks to health and safety, reduce the risk of accidents, legal support and improve the overall performance compliance.
The most important aspect of an OH & S management system OHSAS 18001 is the obligation to identify hazards in the workplace that could adversely affect the health and safety of employees in the organization and / or others who may be affected by the activities of the organization.
Benefits of OHSAS 18001:
- A structured approach to hazard identification and risk management which can contribute to the provision of a healthier work environment and safer.
- Minimize the risk – management health and safety more transparent and effective by translating the outputs of action audits.
- Legislation – provides a means to identify the existing legislation and other relevant requirements to help you stay within the law.
- Trust of stakeholders – increased credibility to have a management system OHSAS 18001 assessed independently.
- Management System based – the “plan check act “based on this standard is in common with other management systems standards, which means that it is easier to develop an integrated system.